It’s an easy day and I ran out of soap. It’s hot and super hot. Don’t know what’s wrong with the weather here, By the way, A while ago, A friend of mine gave me some good quality of silkworm cocoon. She said this is a very expensive set of silkworm cocoon. If I’m not wrong she got it from japan. She asked me to try on my face and it’s really nice. I have some left and want to make some soap. This is a glycerin soap,so, it won’t take me too long.
My point is to make a silkworm cocoon soap but i want to add some nice additive,too. So, I added Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Licorice Extract and Oat Extract. I also added Menthol and Eucalyptus. So, it will make my skin feeling cool I will try it tonight.
289 grams Clear Glycerin Base
2 pieces Silkworm Cocoon
2 grams Licorice Extract
2 grams Oat Extract
1 gram Vitamin E
1 gram Vitamin B5
2 grams Hydrolyzed Milk Protein
1 gram Menthol Crystal
2 grams Eucalyptus Oil
How to make:
- Melt glycerin base in a double boiler pot until it becomes liquid
- Turn off the heat
- Measure Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Licorice Extract, Oat Extract
- Measure Menthol and Eucalyptus Oil. Mix these two ingredients together.
- Pour Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Licorice Extract and Oat Extract into the mixture and Stir.
- Pour Menthol and Eucalyptus Oil into the mixture and Stir.
- Make sure that you stir them well.
- Place the 2 silkworm cocoon in the mold or I choose to add silkworm cocoon into the pot so it will dissolve with the heat little bit, then, place them into the mold.
- Pour the mixture on top of Silkworm Cocoon. I don’t pour them all. I left some in the pot so I can add hydrolyzed milk protein.
- Measure Hydrolyzed Milk Protein and add into the mixture that you have left. Stir them together.
- Pour on top of the soap,so, it will separate color. It will become white when it finish.
Thank you for reading. I hope this help.