As you know, there are many websites and stores making cupcake soap. I was surprised when I first saw that. I made my husband goes crazy cause I’ve been talking about it every morning and night. He never said anything. He always says whatever make you happy, I am happy. Such a wonderful husband! 🙂 Love you so much.
My first attemption wasn’t good but not bad. After I practiced and get used to, it was fun and easy. I have to mention the name of this woman first. My inspiration came from khun Ann “fly mom” She is Thai but living in America. I visited her blog and really love it. I started to study from youtube and learn how to make a swirl on cupcake. The difficult part of making cupcake soap is the top decoration :)
I, finally, made my cupcake soap and sell it as a wedding souvenirs as you can see my posted a while ago.
Today, I would like to teach how to make a cupcake soap in my style. I am sorry once again with my poor english, please be patient!🙂
First, you need to make a cupcake base. You can use your favourite CP recipe .
– Use the same process just like you make CP soap and when it turns to heavy trace, pour the soap in your prepared mold. This process will take you a day since you have to let it dry before you decorate a cream on top.
– I recommend you to use a plastic or silicone mold. My bad habit is using aluminum foil. Don’t follow me on this. It’s not a good idea but my customer preferred using aluminum foil because it looks nice in a box.
– Stay Away from aluminium containers and equipments. The lye will corrode aluminium stuffs. I have experiences with that.
– Apply some oil into a plastic or silicone mold for easily unmold when it completely dry.
– Measure lye and oil and cover with a plastic food wrapper to prevent the moist and it’s dangerous to have your containers wide open.
Freeze them in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
– Please Please be careful if you have small child. You may need to be close to the refrigerator all the time in this process. I am afraid of someone might drink this by mistake. AHHHHH!!! Big problem!
After 10-15 minutes, the oil will go solid and the lye will cool down. I will take the solid oil out but keep the lye in the refrigerator until I finish with the solid oil.
Stir the solid oil until it becomes liquid, then, add the lye.
Use a stick blender (or you might call hand mixer) blends the soap until medium trace. Then, add colour and fragrance. After you add fragrance, the soap will turn heavy trace very fast and you need to act fast,too. I like using fragrance that makes the soap trace very fast. Wasting my time to wait! The soap will get sticky just like in the picture.
The soap is ready for next process.
Prepare your cake decorating bags and tips. I use tip no 21.
Pour the soap into a decorating bag. Don’t pour the soap too much in one time. It’s difficult to squeeze it.
Then, start to make a cream on your cupcake. If you don’t know how to do it, I recommend you to watch in youtube.
You can use M&P clear and white or CP to decorate your cupcake soap.
If you use M&P, just use a cookie cutter to cut a soap into any shapes. (ready within an hour)
If you use CP, you need to let it dry 18-24 hour then, use a cookie cutter as well.
I, sometime, bought a clay from market and decorate on my cupcake. The reason is the cupcake cream is hot and it melt my heart shape soaps that make from CP. It’s not happen very often though.